With a staff, leadership, and Board of Directors consisting of more than 50% individuals with disabilities, Coalition for Independence understands the importance of living independently in the home and community of one’s choice. Here are the stories of the impact our services have on the consumers we are privileged to serve.
Our Program Outcomes
In 2013, Coalition for Independence provided the following services:
· Helped 345 individuals achieve independent living goals
· Provided information and referrals to more than 525 individuals
· Recycled 563 pieces of durable medical equipment
· Served over 300 individuals in need of equipment
· Saved the community over $200,000
The Coalition for Independence (CFI) was founded by Paul Levy in 1988. Paul was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in the mid-1960’s and spent nearly 30 years as an active advocate for people with disabilities.